Mold Removal Services
Moisture and mold are closely related and it’s why ’58 Foundations is an expert in mold remediation services. Not only do we remove the mold, but as crawlspace and basement mold removal experts, we eliminate the source of water and/or moisture that causes the problem.
If you only address mold removal and don’t address the moisture problem, the mold will grow back. This understanding and expertise are why ’58 Foundations is the top choice for solving mold problems.
’58 Foundations’ mold technicians are certified by the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI) or the Mold Inspection Consulting And Remediation Organization (MICRO). If you have a mold issue, call or contact us online for a free mold inspection and cost estimate for removal.
Our Mold Remediation Process
Although every situation is unique, our mold remediation process typically follows these six steps:
Step 1: Mold inspection and damage assessment
Step 2: Containment of mold-infested areas
Step 3: Air filtration
Step 4: Mold removal
Step 5: Cleaning
Step 6: Restoration
Gaining basic knowledge about indoor mold and mold removal can help you make the right decisions for your home or commercial building, and the health of the people that share the space.
Most of us have heard about the numerous health problems that can be caused by exposure to mold. Inhaling the microscopic spores that become airborne around a mold infestation can trigger a wide range of adverse reactions.
Eliminating this major source of indoor air pollution is a top priority to maintain a safe, healthy home.
Why Choose Us?
Strongest Warranties in the Industry
Backed by our national headquarters, our warranties offer the highest level of protection available.
More Affordable than Ever
Financing to fit your budget.* Mold removal solutions designed with your needs and budget in mind. No high-pressure sales.
Licensed & Highly Trained Staff
We pride ourselves on professionalism. Our team is highly trained, background checked, and insured. We adhere to CDC protocols. Nothing is left to chance.
Hundreds of Thousands of Satisfied Customers
Since 1958, we’ve been delivering on our mold remediation promises with integrity, deep industry knowledge, and fair pricing.
Mold Removal Is a Priority
Mold Causes Damage to Property
Mold, at the very least, can damage or even destroy “host” materials where it takes hold. Host materials include all organic matter – wood, paper, paint, wool, leather; much of the stuff that a home or building is built with or filled with.
Mold also causes a foul smell that can permeate your living space. But these irritations and inconveniences are minor compared to mold’s potential to cause health problems.
Mold Negatively Affects Your Health
Most mold-related ailments are caused by inhaling mold spores, the microscopic organisms that are dispersed into the air wherever mold is present. If you can smell mold, it’s a sure bet that you are inhaling mold spores. Exposure to mold – whether by inhalation or contact – can cause a wide range of physical ailments, from mild skin or respiratory irritation to asthma and severe allergic reactions.
Because of the many health issues associated with mold, it’s important to make mold removal a priority whenever mold is detected. Because of the many health problems associated with mold, it can be difficult or impossible to sell a house or commercial property with mold issues.
’58 Foundations is NORMI or MICRO certified in our mold removal procedures. Call or contact us online for a free mold remediation price estimate.
Diagnosing a Mold Problem
If you see signs of mold in your home, church, school, or commercial building, it’s wise to schedule an inspection from a mold abatement contractor in your area. Check here to find your closest NORMI or MICRO certified ’58 Foundations dealer.
There are three main questions we’ll help you answer and address if you have mold in your house:
- How extensive is the mold damage and how will it be removed? – In some cases, mold can be removed from a surface, using proven cleaning and disinfecting techniques. But in other cases, mold can damage materials, necessitating their removal and replacement. A mold inspection should include a recommendation about mold removal and about repairs that will be required after mold-damaged materials are removed.
- What caused the mold? – If there is mold present, it’s important to identify the conditions that caused mold to take hold. Mold requires moisture, an organic food source, and oxygen. Places that remain dry are unlikely to attract mold. But damp areas – like basements and crawlspaces – can provide mold-friendly conditions. A certified ’58 Foundations mold expert will be able to explain why you have a mold problem.
- What repairs and/or improvements are necessary to make sure the mold won’t return? – ’58 Foundations specializes in mold removal (also known as mold remediation) and we offer property owners in our service areas a free mold inspection. As a follow-up to this mold inspection, we will explain the best way to clean or remove the mold, and provide a cost estimate for mold remediation.
What Should a Mold Inspection Provide You With?
A mold inspection should provide you with answers to all of the above questions:
- A determination of how extensive the mold damage is and how to remove it – the answer to question #1. During our free mold inspection, our specialist will work with you to uncover the extent of the mold infestation and explain how ’58 Foundations will remove the mold. In some cases, mold can be removed by first killing the infestation and cleaning the dead mold from the surface. In other cases, it may be necessary to remove the wallboard, wood, or other material where the mold has taken hold. These factors will determine the cost of mold removal.
- Our certified specialist will also uncover what caused the mold in your house – the answer to question #2. This is where our being a crawlspace and basement water and moisture expert will be to your benefit. As air rises in a building, it brings moisture with it. Solving the problem in the crawlspace or basement will lower the moisture content in your entire home, church, or building.
- A plan for necessary repairs or improvements – the answer to question #3. This depends on how widespread the mold damage is. If the damage is restricted to some moldy joists or bays in the crawlspace, ’58 Foundations may be able to simply kill and clean the moldy areas. If the mold necessitates the removal of drywall, studs, sheathing, or other structural elements, more extensive repairs will be needed.
Rest assured, we’ll be there with you the entire way to make sure the mold is remediated, and the source of moisture is removed.
Schedule a Free Mold Remediation Inspection and Cost Estimate
If you’re the home or business owner, schedule a meeting with a ‘58 Foundations certified specialist. Our specialist will:
- Thoroughly inspect your mold problem
- Ask you questions
- Help you understand why the mold is growing
- Explain what the solution to remove it is
Our inspection is very educational, and at the end, you’ll know how we can solve your mold problem.
Key areas to inspect for mold
Mold likes moisture, so the most common places to find mold are those that stay moist most of the time. This is typically in your basement or crawlspace where ’58 Foundations is the long-running expert since 1958!
Call or contact us online today to schedule your free mold inspection and price quote.
We Are Crawlspace and Basement Mold Removal Experts
It’s easy to feel discouraged or overwhelmed if your house needs crawlspace or basement mold remediation, but you don’t need to feel that way. ’58 Foundations has the expertise to get rid of mold and take effective steps to avoid its return. This expertise includes different treatments for cleaning moldy surfaces and removing mold from different materials.
This expertise also includes proven techniques for basement waterproofing and crawlspace sealing (aka crawlspace encapsulation). These solutions transform these damp, mold-friendly spaces into dry environments that are difficult for mold to grow in.
Let us solve your mold problem so you can enjoy a cleaner, healthier living environment. Call or contact us online for a free mold inspection and cost estimate.