Worried about cracks you’ve found in your foundation? Is there water leaking down your basement wall when it rains? Foundation problems like these and more never get better on their own. They never correct themselves and the best that you can hope for is that they remain the same. The health of a foundation is similar in some ways to the health of a person. The sooner the problem is diagnosed and treated, the greater the odds of complete recovery. But the longer a foundation problem lasts, the more complex it becomes and the more expensive it is to repair. Foundation problems can spiral out of control to the point that it can cause further structural damage to other parts of your house. The real cost comes from doing nothing.
Paying the Right Foundation Repair Contractor
But before you call the first contractor your see, it is important to make sure that you’re putting your trust in a qualified foundation repair professional. Here’s why…
- In rare cases, buildings can deteriorate to the point that no repair is possible. The building can become so unstable that all that can be done is to tear it down and start over. Fortunately, a qualified contractor can repair nearly all foundation problems. The sooner the problem is checked and diagnosed by a professional, the better.
- The cost relative to the value of your home is usually a small percentage. In order to protect the value of your largest investment, you should get professional help as soon as possible.
- There’s always a construction company or a remodeler who believes they are the experts in all things, including foundation repair. If they are not certified, experienced, and using the proper technology, no matter how inexpensive they are and how much they insist they can do the job, don’t risk your money. Would you go to a barber who is moonlighting as a dentist to get your dental work because he is cheaper than an actual dentist?
A poor job in repairing your foundation means having to repair it again. Your hard-earned money should go to a contractor that knows how to get the job done right and is proud to stand behind their work. The goal should be to repair your foundation and restore your peace of mind!
Finding the Right Foundation Repair Professional
A trustworthy foundation repair company should at least meet these requirements…
- Licensed and insured.
- Many years of experience.
- A strong warranty that’s backed by the company’s longevity (a company that is successful in staying in business is more likely to be there when you need a warranty honored!)
- Many positive online reviews that are easy to find.
Calculating Your Foundation Repair Costs
No two homes are the same. Your foundation repair costs will depend on a variety of factors such as the size of your foundation, the severity of damages, and what kinds of foundation problems have been found. It can be as simple as repairing a small crack in your concrete foundation. Or it could be a combination of installing a basement waterproofing system, repairing cracked basement walls, and stabilizing a sinking foundation with helical piers. Ultimately, the best way to limit your foundation repair costs is to address your foundation problems as soon as possible. Do not allow those problems to get worse.
When Foundation Problems Appear: Don’t Wait, Call ’58!
’58 Foundations & Waterproofing is a licensed and insured company that specializes in foundation repair as well as other services including basement waterproofing, crawlspace encapsulation, and even mold removal. We’re an award-winning company that’s been in business since 1958. For over 64 years, we’ve been committed to providing five-star customer experiences. We’re proud to use long-lasting and high-quality products such as our ’58 Strong Helical Piers, ’58 Strong I-Beams, and our Carbon ’58 Wall Straps to repair and stabilize house foundations just like yours.
We have local offices located all throughout the Eastern Seaboard. Whether you’re a resident near Knoxville, TN, Fredericksburg, VA, or Atlanta, GA, you can always count on the expertise of ’58 Foundations & Waterproofing! Contact us today to schedule for a free inspection and receive a detailed price quote at no obligation. Be sure to ask us about our industry-leading lifetime warranty and money-back guarantee!