Discovering a crack in the beautiful brick of your home doesn’t necessarily mean that you need foundation repair. Though brick is a highly durable building material that can last for 100 years or more, poor construction practices can all too easily lead to defects including cracks in those brick walls. Other causes of crack formation in an exterior brick wall can include:
- Climate and Seasonal Changes: Changes in temperature, humidity level, and precipitation can cause the soil surrounding your home to expand and contract. This, in turn, can lead to exterior wall cracking.
- Home Settling: Minor settling is normal with any home and doesn’t necessarily indicate the need for foundation repair. However, settling can and will cause brick walls to crack.
- Water Damage: Leaking pipes, clogged gutters, and flooding can all wreak havoc on a brick wall.
- Trees in Close Proximity: Certain types of trees have expansive root structures that can contribute to the problem of brick wall cracking and necessitate foundation repair in severe cases. One or more large trees in close proximity to your house can remove significant amounts of moisture from the surrounding soil and cause wall cracking this way as well.
Problem Signs to Look Out For
How do you know when a brick wall crack is a serious problem that may require the attention of a foundation repair contractor? Some “red flags” to look for include…
- Changes in the width, length, and/or direction of a crack.
- Cracking where the ceiling meets a wall.
- Sloping floors.
- Leaning chimney.
- Windows and doors that don’t properly open or close.
Should you spot any of these problem signs, you should contact a professional foundation repair contractor to inspect and determine the best solution. The sooner the problem is addressed the better. Waiting won’t help the problem fix itself, it likely will get worse. With the help of ’58 Foundations & Waterproofing, your brick wall can be repaired and the source of the problem can also be addressed. Whether it’s a basement waterproofing system to protect your brick wall from water damage or using our ’58 Strong Helical Piers to stabilize your sinking foundation, ’58 has the long-lasting solutions to restore your brick wall and your peace of mind!
Say Goodbye to Cracks in Your Brick Walls with ’58!
‘58 Foundations & Waterproofing is a reputable company that you can trust for all your approved foundation repair needs. From serious cracks in exterior brick walls to sloping floors and unstable chimneys—’58 can make those problems go away. We also proudly back our work with an industry-leading lifetime warranty and money-back guarantee!
We have local offices all throughout the Eastern Seaboard. Whether you live near Greenville, NC, Newark, DE, or Atlanta, GA, you can always count on ’58 to be there when you need us! Contact us today to schedule for a free inspection and to receive a detailed price quote! We’ll be happy to answer any questions and repair your cracked brick wall!